During our Hand In Hand series we want children to see and appreciate all the things their parents, friends, and other people in their communities do for them.
This week write down who your family are thankful for and attach it to the Thankful Tree. Use the tree your child received in Quest or print a tree from home.
On sticky notes, pieces of paper, or leaf cutouts write the people you are thankful. Tape or glue the paper to your tree then thank God for these people who help you.
During Beyond we are believing God to stretch the expectations for where He is leading us: in our church, in our families, and in our own lives.
Before we can give beyond we need to understand what God says about giving. The eKidz Guide To Giving is a resource to help build a foundation of faith in your family. Learn about the Biblical tithe and how to trust God with your finances, no matter how small.
Each week during Beyond,
- Watch a video with your family.
- Discuss what it means to tithe.
- Model what it looks like to trust God with your finances.
- Encourage your family to trust God in with their money.
Pick up a copy of the Guide To Giving this weekend at an Elevation location near you.
VIDEOS AND FAMILY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
VIDEO 1: What is the tithe?
- Read Leviticus 27:30. God required people to give Him a tenth of everything they grew. Today many of us aren’t farmers to earn money, but we earn money other ways.
- What ways do you earn money? (ex. by doing chores, receiving money as a gift or for good grades, selling lemonade, etc.)
- Everything we have belongs to God. We show we trust Him when we obey His Word. Grab an envelope and write “tithe” on it. Place it where you keep your money. Each time you receive money, remember to give God one tenth and put it first into this envelope.
VIDEO 2: Why should I tithe?
- Think about all the things you have in your room. What would be the hardest to give up? Why?
- Read Deuteronomy 15:10. How do you think it affects or changes someone’s attitude when they choose to give generously?
- What can we give God first to show Him we trust Him to provide for us?
VIDEO 3: What can my tithe do?
- What would you buy with $0.25? What about $1?
- Read John 6:5-13. What impact did Jesus have with the boy’s little lunch of two fish and five loaves of bread?
- Visit ElevationOutreach.com and choose one of Elevation’s outreach partners to learn about. How does our church’s tithe money help the organization make an impact in the community?
VIDEO 4: How do I tithe?
- What is the most important thing you own? Why is it so important to you?
- Matthew 6:21 says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Where we put our money is a sign of what is important to us. Money is important but where we put our money is even more important. Look at a coin or a dollar bill. What does it say about God?
- What is one step you can take to show God you trust Him with your money?
Help teach your child the principles of Biblical stewardship. The Give.Save.Spend kit includes materials for your child to make their own GIVE, SAVE, and SPEND jars and Dollar Devotionals that talk about giving God’s way. Pick up a Give.Save.Spend kit at the eKidz check-in area at your campus.
The Faith Starter Kit is a resource designed to help parents talk with their child about beginning a relationship with Christ. If you are interested in getting a Faith Starter Kit, speak to the eKidz Director at your Elevation location.
After completing the dinner and initial conversation portions of the Faith Starter Kit family experience, if you feel your child is ready to continue, watch the video below together.
Still searching for the perfect set of valentines for your child? eKidz At Home wants to help!
First – Download your child’s set of Quest or Motion themed valentines.
Then – Help your child print and personalize his or her valentines. (Be sure to print double-sided.)
Finally – Encourage your child to hand out to friends, kids in your neighborhood or at school.
With less than a week before the New Year, you’re probably beginning to consider goals and resolutions for 2016.
In eKidz, we want to encourage you to include your kids in the process. During the Full.Filled series every family was asked to choose a word you believe represents God’s provision and purpose in your life in the coming year. As you make room for God to work, we challenge you to sit down as a family and talk through what your Full.Filled word means to you. Here are a few questions to get the conversation started.
- What is the word God has impressed upon our heart for the coming year?
- What are we praying for in 2016?
- How do we believe God will show up in a big way this year?
- What are some changes we should make to prepare for God’s blessing in our lives?
- What are some short-term goals we can set to help keep us motivated?
- How will we celebrate when we see God move on our behalf in 2016?
We encourage you to finish this special time in prayer. Here is prayer your family can use:
God, we come before You as a family, praying with faith for You to move mightily on our behalf. We praise You for Your faithfulness and we ask You to do miraculous things through each of us during 2016. Our word for this year is (insert your family’s word). We believe this word came from You and we ask for renewed strength when hard days come and a stronger faith than we have ever experienced. Thank You God for what You are going to do in and through our family this year. We love You and praise You for answered prayers and promises we are soon to see fulfilled. In Your name we pray, amen.
We look forward to seeing you next weekend and hope you’ll join us as we start 2016 in church!