Parent Cue was created to help parents do family better. Use the monthly Parent Cue card to begin conversations with your child about what they are learning in church. Each week on the eKidz site find weekly information to continue conversations about Jesus at home.
QUEST (3 years – Kindergarten)
TO PRINT: Download and print on 8.5 x 11 paper.
MOTION (1st – 5th grade)
TO PRINT: Download and print on 8.5x 11 paper.
Another great resource available at your fingertips is the Parent Cue App. The app sends weekly CUES that remind you to connect with your kids at home and on the go. You can even watch Bible story videos during your drive time using the app.
Happy Mother’s Day to all our eKidz mommas!
Have some fun this weekend wiith your family and enter the Mother’s Day face-swapping challenge for a chance to win a professional family photo session with @bugg_photographers! (Check out @bugg_photographers beautiful work at www.buggphotographer.com)
It’s easy (and FUN!):
– Download MSQRD (a free app)
– Select the face swapping filter from the row of filters at the bottom of the screen.
– Take a picture or record a video with one of your kids.
– Post the picture or video to social media and tag @elevationekidz with the hashtag #eKidzmom.
– Contest closes at 7PM on Monday, May 15!
(Pictured Above: The Moore’s family session with @bugg_photographers.)
Mile #7: Reunion
Someday, we will live with Jesus in Heaven, but until then, we get to live our lives with Him on earth each day!
Family Activity: One way we daily live with God and have a relationship with Him is learning what the Bible says. Before bedtime, practice your child’s memory verse. After practicing the verse, use these questions for discussion:
- How do you like to spend time with Jesus?
- What are you learning about Jesus at church?
- How does learning scripture help you spend time with God?
- Who in your life needs to learn about Jesus? How can you share with them what you are learning?
Share: Post a picture or video of your family reciting your child’s memory verse. Use the hashtag #sevenmilemiracle and tag @elevationeKidz.
Mile #6: Triumph
Jesus showed His power when He defeated death and rose from the dead. You can celebrate His victory and the victories He wants to give you everyday!
Family Activity: Philippians 4:4 says, “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say: Rejoice.” God has done so much for you, so turn up the music because it’s time for a praise party! Pick a time and place when your family is together – in the car on the way home from school or after dinner – and talk about some of the things you are thankful for. Then show off your dance moves!
Share: Post a video of your best moves and what you are thankful for. Use the hashtag #sevenmilemiracle and tag @elevationeKidz.
Mile #5: Distress
Jesus experienced pain and distress on the cross because he knew God had a plan. You can trust God to have a plan for your life, too.
Family Activity: When you feel worried, small, or afraid, that is called distress. Everyone feels that way sometimes. Tonight, pick a movie to watch with your family, pop some popcorn, and look for all the times the hero of the movie feels distressed. After the movie discuss these questions:
- Who was afraid? What was the hero afraid of?
- What makes you feel afraid or worried?
- What made the hero feel better?
- How can you trust God when you feel distress?
Share: Post a picture of your movie night and one way you can trust God. Use the hashtag #sevenmilemiracle and tag @elevationeKidz.