May 22, 2013
In this week’s episode of Fairy Tale Trials, our competitors used patience, concentration, and a dry spaghetti noodle to move penne pasta from one plate to another. This is a fun challenge you can do as a family. Here’s how…
- First, the supplies for this game are easy – a box of spaghetti noodles, a box of penne noodles, and some plates.
- Each competitor should get two plates, an uncooked piece of spaghetti, and a pile of (uncooked) penne.
- You will hold the spaghetti noodle in your mouth, thread it through a piece of penne, and carefully transfer it from one plate to another.
- You can designate how many pieces you have to move to win!
- For an extra twist, you can try different noodles in place of the penne – rigatoni, macaroni, rotelle, bow tie… go crazy with it!
May 15, 2013
In this week’s episode of Fairy Tale Trials, you saw our contestants put Vaseline on their noses and try to move cotton balls – now that’s a crazy task! But it makes for some fun times with your family. Here’s how you can do it…
- First you need a bag of cotton balls, a container of Vaseline, and some paper plates.
- Give each competitor a stack of cotton balls and let everyone put a dab of Vaseline on their nose.
- On “Go”, competitors race to move cotton balls from one of their plates to another, using only their Vaseline-covered nose. Getting them to stick on your nose is one thing, getting them back off is the challenging part!
May 9, 2013
Are you a dad still searching for that perfect gift? Are a mom looking to make life-long memories this holiday weekend? eKidz At Home has you covered.
eKidz At Home exists to empower your family throughout the week, to make the most of your time as a parent. This Mother’s Day weekend we’ve got a special resource for you and your child. Click on the pic below to download and print your copy of this fun Scripture Cookie Activity. Download by clicking here
May 2, 2013
As adults, we all know that there are times in life when we just don’t have the words to say how we feel or what we are thinking. Kids are no different. After 100s of hours of translating and attempting to understand what goes through a childs’ mind, I have discovered something.
Kids long for community in a safe place. A place where people aren’t talking down to them but are speaking to them on their level while challenging them to become all that God has called them to be. We believe that eKidz is a great place for this to happen for your child. On any given weekend your kid may or may not be able to tell you everything they learned but over time, teachings on topics like Honor, Faith, & Generosity are helping to shape them into the Godly men & women they are called to be.
Thank you for allowing us to invest in your child.
Frank Bealer (Family Pastor)
…Engaging Kids & Empowering Families
May 1, 2013
In this week’s episode of Fairy Tale Trials, our contestants competed in a good old-fashioned sack race. Your family can have a lot of fun with this as well! Here’s how…
You’ll probably want to take this outside. Pick a nice afternoon/evening and have some fun with it!
We used pillow cases, but you can use any sort of bag/sack that you have available.
Our players had to put a pillow into the pillow case before finishing the event. For more challenge, add additional obstacles for your contestants to complete such as a slalom of cones to navigate, an item they have to jump over, or a task to accomplish at the end.