With less than a week before the New Year, you’re probably beginning to consider goals and resolutions for 2016.
In eKidz, we want to encourage you to include your kids in the process. During the Full.Filled series every family was asked to choose a word you believe represents God’s provision and purpose in your life in the coming year. As you make room for God to work, we challenge you to sit down as a family and talk through what your Full.Filled word means to you. Here are a few questions to get the conversation started.
- What is the word God has impressed upon our heart for the coming year?
- What are we praying for in 2016?
- How do we believe God will show up in a big way this year?
- What are some changes we should make to prepare for God’s blessing in our lives?
- What are some short-term goals we can set to help keep us motivated?
- How will we celebrate when we see God move on our behalf in 2016?
We encourage you to finish this special time in prayer. Here is prayer your family can use:
God, we come before You as a family, praying with faith for You to move mightily on our behalf. We praise You for Your faithfulness and we ask You to do miraculous things through each of us during 2016. Our word for this year is (insert your family’s word). We believe this word came from You and we ask for renewed strength when hard days come and a stronger faith than we have ever experienced. Thank You God for what You are going to do in and through our family this year. We love You and praise You for answered prayers and promises we are soon to see fulfilled. In Your name we pray, amen.
We look forward to seeing you next weekend and hope you’ll join us as we start 2016 in church!