During eKidz Online this week, we’re learning how to come together as the Body of Christ. For our Quest lesson, we’ll learn about how God made everything, while toddlers play a fun game to help them remember that they can love like Jesus!
Use the resources below to help your child grow in their faith this week. For more information about eKidz Online and our weekly broadcast times, visit our eKidz Online YouTube page.
Where are good places to gather with friends and family? ● 1 Corinthians 12:27
As a family, discuss a few questions together after your child watches this week’s episode.
Question #1: One a scale of 1-10, how quick are you to take action when asked to do something? (i.e. taking out the trash, cleaning your room, helping clean up, etc.)
Question #2: Read 1 Corinthians 12:26-27. What do you think it means to be one part of the Body of Christ?
Question #3: Right now, gathering together looks different than it did six months ago. What are some ways the church can still gather together, even when we’re not able to physically gather together? What do you think the Body of Christ would be like if we never came together? (e.g. We wouldn’t know one another or work together as well. We wouldn’t learn about one another’s needs. It wouldn’t show the world that we’re a family who cares about one another. etc.)
Memorize today’s verse — 1 Corinthians 12:27 — as a reminder of the part you get to play.
The Church isn’t just a building, it’s people! The church is the body of Christ, and we all get to play a part in it. That means that we don’t have to keep our faith reserved for whenever we’re having church. We get to take the love of Jesus with us wherever we go.
It’s a great verse to memorize because it’s a truth to cling to as school starts back in a few weeks — whether that’s in a building or in a virtual classroom — you’re bringing Jesus with you! You get to play a part in the body of Christ, and it’s as special and unique as you are. So when you go back to school, or even right now… you get to bring Jesus to the people around you.
I spy something that is real. ● Jesus Prepares a Place I John 14:2-3; Acts 1:1-11
This month we’ll teach our preschoolers the incredible truth, I can believe in Jesus. This truth is so powerful, and we want them to believe Jesus is real and know that He loves them no matter what. Jesus is who He said He is, and He wants to be their friend forever. That’s the truth friends. You better believe it.
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: When Jesus went into the clouds, where did He go? (heaven)
Question #2: Do the people who believe in Jesus and choose to be His friend forever get to go to heaven? (yes)
Question #3: Can you believe in Jesus? (yes)
Family Activity: Creating a Special Place
WHAT YOU NEED: large piece of paper, markers, magazines, scissors, and glue sticks
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Place a large piece of paper on a table and explain it represent a “room.” Then cut out pictures of furniture (beds, tables, chairs, etc.) from the magazines and place them in the center of the table.
- During the Activity: Instruct your child to select pictures of furniture to fill their “room.” They can arrange the furniture as they choose and glue them in the box.
- After the Activity: Collect the remaining magazine cutouts and the glue sticks for clean-up. If possible, hang the piece of paper on the wall.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “We’re going to pretend this piece of paper is a room in a house, and we’re going to decorate it. What do we need? (Pause and encourage your child to respond.) Furniture! I have some pictures for you to choose from. Once you select the pictures you want to add to your space, arrange them on the paper and glue them down.”
- After the Activity: “Wow, look at this special room you created! Did you know that God has made a special place for us? It’s called heaven! Everyone who believes in His Son, Jesus, and chooses to be His friend forever will get to live there with Him one day. Jesus is there right now, getting it ready for everyone who believes in Him. And the best part is that we can all believe in Jesus! Who can believe in Jesus?” (I can believe in Jesus.)
This month, we’re teaching toddlers that we can love like Jesus. We love others by being kind with our words and actions. We want toddlers to grow up knowing that when they love like Jesus, they can point others to Him and make a big difference in their life!
Choose an activity to complete with your toddler to learn that we can love like Jesus!
Bible Story Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: Bible story sheet
WHAT YOU SAY: “I love reading the Bible and spending time with Jesus. Let’s read our Bible story together right now!”
WHAT YOU DO: Read “A Short Man” from the Bible story sheet.
Game Activity: I Spy…
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page
WHAT YOU SAY: “Jesus wants us to love everyone, just like He does. Let’s play a fun game to learn about who we can love like Jesus!”
WHAT YOU DO:
- Print the activity page and place it on the table. Read the list of prompts below and encourage your toddler to respond by pointing to each corresponding picture on the poster.
- “I spy… a teacher! (Pause and encourage your toddler to find the teacher on the poster.) Great job! If you can love your teachers like Jesus does, clap your hands!”
- “I spy… grandparents! (Pause and encourage your toddler to find the grandparents on the poster.) Great job! If you can love your grandparents like Jesus does, give yourself a hug!”
- “I spy… leaders at Elevation Church! (Pause and encourage your toddler to find the eKidz volunteers on the poster.) Great job! If you can love your leaders at church like Jesus does, clap your hands!”
- “I spy… a family! (Pause and encourage your toddler to find the family on the poster.) Great job! If you can love your family like Jesus does, pat your head!”
- “I spy… a cashier at the grocery store! (Pause and encourage your toddler to find the cashier on the poster.) Great job! If you can love the cashier at the grocery store like Jesus does, jump up and down!”