When you join us for church, your child can tune into eKidz Online — a fun, interactive experience streaming from our eKidz Online YouTube page. It’s available during all Elevation Church worship experience broadcasts — 9:30AM, 11:30AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, and 10:00PM EDT on Sundays, and 7:00PM EDT on Mondays and Wednesdays. CLICK HERE to subscribe and join us for the eKidz Online experience!
eKidz Online is also linked in your campus’s Facebook Group. Visit the Elevation Church page on Facebook, click on “Groups” in the menu, and select your campus. Click “Join” so you can stay connected.
We know that this season looks different, and we want to help you do church at home. Check out these resources your family can use this week!
God is wise and can handle our questions. ● James 1:5
In eKidz Online, we tuned into the Loop Show to learn about wisdom.
As a family, discuss a few questions together after your child watches this week’s episode.
Question #1: When you have questions about your faith, what do you do?
Question #2: Read James 1:5. How does it make you feel to know that God won’t get on to you for asking Him questions?
Question #3: What is one question you would like to ask God?
Kid Challenge of the Week
Memorize a Bible verse this week.
Asking questions is one way God will give us wisdom and even teach us more about who He is. Learning scripture is another way to learn more about God!
Encourage your child to pick any verse they want, or help them pick one out. A great place to start would be to memorize the verse we talked about during eKidz Online, which was James 1:5:
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
The Bible is God’s Word to us. Sometimes, the questions we have are answered right in the Bible! Memorizing certain verses, like James 1:5, can help us whenever we might be scared, nervous, or just confused about something. It reminds us to pray and take our concerns and questions to Him.
I spy Jesus is alive! ● Easter | Matthew 26—28; John 21:1-14
This month we’ll teach our preschoolers the incredible truth, I can believe in Jesus. This truth is so powerful, and we want them to believe Jesus is real and know that He loves them no matter what. Jesus is who He said He is, and He wants to be their friend forever. That’s the truth friends. You better believe it.
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Was Jesus’ body in the tomb for one day or three days? (three days)
Question #2: When Jesus came back, who did He visit? (His friends)
Question #3: Is Jesus alive? (yes)
Family Activity: Freeze Dance
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Have your family stand in a circle.
– During the Activity: Turn the music on and have a dance party! After about 30 seconds, turn off the music and ask everyone to stand very still or FREEZE. Have everyone say, “I can believe in Jesus!” when they FREEZE. Start the music and dance again. Repeat the activity several times in 30 second increments.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– During the Activity: “When you hear the music, start to dance. When the music stops, everyone FREEZE and say, ‘I can believe in Jesus!’ Are you ready?”
– After the Activity: “Whew! That was so much fun! God gave us Jesus, and we can all believe in Jesus! Who can believe in Jesus? (pause for response) I can believe in Jesus!”
This month, we’re teaching toddlers that we can love like Jesus. We love others by being kind with our words and actions. We want toddlers to grow up knowing that when they love like Jesus, they can point others to Him and make a big difference in their life!
Choose an activity to complete with your toddler to learn that we can love like Jesus!
Bible Story Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: Bible story sheet
WHAT YOU SAY: “I love reading the Bible and spending time with Jesus. Let’s read our Bible story together right now!”
WHAT YOU DO: Read “A Short Man” from the Bible story sheet
Song Activity: Love Each Other
WHAT YOU DO:
– Lead your toddler in singing the following to the tune of “London Bridge is Falling Down.”
Jesus loves me, so I love you, I love you, I love you.
Jesus loves me, so I love you, love each other.
Love your neighbor as your friend, as your friend, as your friend.
Love your neighbor as your friend, love your neighbor.
Give a friend a great big hug, great big hug, great big hug.
Give a friend a great big hug, hug your friend.
Tell a friend “I love you,” “I love you,” “I love you.”
Tell a friend “I love you,” love all people.
– Continue to sing for as long as your toddler is engaged. Say, “You did a wonderful job singing! Remember, God loves us so much and we can love others like He does. Who can love like Jesus?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can love like Jesus!”