When you join us for church, your child can tune into eKidz Online — a fun, interactive experience streaming from our eKidz Online YouTube page. It’s available during all Elevation Church worship experience broadcasts — 9:30AM, 11:30AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, and 10:00 PM EDT on Sundays, and 7:00PM EDT on Mondays and Wednesdays. CLICK HERE to subscribe and join us for the eKidz Online experience!
eKidz Online is also linked in your campus’s Facebook Group. Visit the Elevation Church page on Facebook, click on “Groups” in the menu, and select your campus. Click “Join” so you can stay connected.
We know that this season looks different, and we want to help you do church at home. Check out these resources your family can use this week!
God is wise and can handle our questions. ● James 1:5
As a family, discuss a few questions together after your child watches this week’s episode.
Question #1: When you suddenly find yourself in a scary situation, what do you do?
Question #2: Read Psalm 55:22. What does it mean to you that we will not “be shaken”?
Question #3: What can you do when you’re feeling panicked and need to calm down? (e.g., take a walk, go outside, pray, take a deep breath, listen to calming music, sing to God, read your Bible, memorize and recite a verse about God’s mighty power, talk to a friend or trusted adult, etc.)
Kid Challenge of the Week
Take your fears to God.
To help do that, memorize our main scripture — Psalm 55:22 — this week. This verse is promise that God makes to all of us: when we give him all of our cares and our worries and our fears, He will sustain us! That means that He will keep us strong whenever we feel weak, and He will help us to be brave whenever we’re afraid.
No matter what happens or what kind of fears enter our mind, we can give those fears to God. When we do that, He will give us strength and keep us safe.
I spy Jesus is alive! ● Easter | Matthew 26—28; John 21:1-14
This month we’ll teach our preschoolers the incredible truth, I can believe in Jesus. This truth is so powerful, and we want them to believe Jesus is real and know that He loves them no matter what. Jesus is who He said He is, and He wants to be their friend forever. That’s the truth friends. You better believe it.
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Was Jesus’ body in the tomb for one day or three days? (three days)
Question #2: When Jesus came back, who did He visit? (His friends)
Question #3: Is Jesus alive? (yes)
Family Activity: Pasta Faces
WHAT YOU NEED: dry pasta (elbow, bow tie, rigatoni, rotelle, fusilli), small bowls
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Place all of the “mouth” type pasta (like rigatoni, fusilli, penne, bow tie) in one bowl and all of the “eye” type pasta (like elbow and rotelle) in another bowl.
– During the Activity: Encourage your family to select different pieces of pasta to make happy and sad faces.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity:“Everyone show me a sad face. (pause) So sad! Now, show me a happy face. Much better! Look at the bowls of pasta on the tables. Let’s use these pieces of pasta to create a happy and sad faces. Some of the bowls have pieces that are perfect for the eyes like this (hold up the bowl with your ‘eye’ pieces) and other bowls with pieces for the mouth.”
– During the Activity: “Pick out pieces to make a happy and a sad face.”
– After the Activity: “Look at all these happy and sad faces. Sometimes we’re happy, and sometimes we’re sad. In our Bible story, Paul went from angry to happy with the love of Jesus, and we can do the same. When we believe in Jesus, we can go from mad to happy, too! Everyone can believe in Jesus, and when we believe in Jesus, we love people the way Jesus loves us! Who can believe in Jesus? (pause for response) I can believe in Jesus.”
This month, we’re teaching toddlers that we can love like Jesus. We love others by being kind with our words and actions. We want toddlers to grow up knowing that when they love like Jesus, they can point others to Him and make a big difference in their life!
Choose an activity to complete with your toddler to learn that we can love like Jesus!
Bible Story Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: Bible story sheet
WHAT YOU SAY: “I love reading the Bible and spending time with Jesus. Let’s read our Bible story together right now!”
WHAT YOU DO: Read “A Short Man” from the Bible story sheet
Memory Verse Activity: 1 Peter 4:8a, GNT
WHAT YOU SAY: “Our memory verse helps us remember that we can love everyone like Jesus loves us. Let’s practice saying our memory verse together!”
WHAT YOU DO: Have your toddler say 1 Peter 4:8a three times. Say it in a loud voice, a whisper voice, and a silly voice. Do the motions as you say the verse. Say the verse, line by line, encouraging your toddler to repeat and complete the actions after you.
“Above everything, (spread arms wide)
love (hug self)
one another…” (point around)
1 Peter 4:8a (open hands like a book)