When you join us for church, your child can tune into eKidz Online — a fun, interactive experience streaming from our eKidz Online YouTube page. It’s available during all Elevation Church worship experience broadcasts — 9:30AM, 11:30AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, and 10:00 PM EDT on Sundays, and 7:00PM EDT on Mondays and Wednesdays. CLICK HERE to subscribe and join us for the eKidz Online experience!
eKidz Online is also linked in your campus’s Facebook Group. Visit the Elevation Church page on Facebook, click on “Groups” in the menu, and select your campus. Click “Join” so you can stay connected.
We know that this season looks different, and we want to help you do church at home. Check out these resources your family can use this week!
Focus on what is fair for others. ● Micah 6:8, NIRV
As a family, discuss a few questions together after your child watches this week’s episode.
Question #1: How would you describe what “fair” means?
Question #2: Read Micah 6:8 from the NIRV version of the Bible. What does it look like to treat everyone around you fairly? How can you do that?
Question #3: If you’re honest, are you more focused on what’s fair for you or what’s fair for others? How can you start having the courage to focus on what’s fair for others?
Kid Challenge of the Week
During eKidz Online we learned to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly. Fairness is such a big part of living out these things out. If you’re playing a game with your friends, no cheating! Or if you have a sibling, and maybe they want a turn on whatever you’re doing or playing with, make the decision to share with them. You might not always want to, but this week, try your best to do the right thing.
As you start practicing this, take it a step further. Not everyone plays fair all the time. But we can do our part to help people who aren’t being treated fairly. So if you see someone getting picked on, or being left out, go help them! Don’t just stand by and watch. Set an example this week in fairness.
I spy someone I can tell about Jesus. ● Peter and Cornelius I Acts 10
This month we’ll teach our preschoolers the incredible truth, I can believe in Jesus. This truth is so powerful, and we want them to believe Jesus is real and know that He loves them no matter what. Jesus is who He said He is, and He wants to be their friend forever. That’s the truth friends. You better believe it.
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Did Jesus want His friends to tell everyone about Him or just some people? (everyone)
Question #2: When Peter told the people about Jesus, did they believe in Him? (yes)
Question #3: Can you tell everyone about Jesus, too? (yes)
Family Activity: I Spy…
WHAT YOU NEED: white paper, white crayon, watercolor paint, paintbrushes, water
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Place the paper, watercolor paint, and a bowl of water on a table. Then give everyone a white crayon.
– During the Activity: Encourage them to draw a picture of people they can tell about Jesus. (e.g., friends, family members, etc) After they’ve finished drawing, instruct them to dip their paintbrush into the watercolors and paint the paper to reveal the pictures. Continue the activity until all of the pictures have been revealed.
– After the Activity: Play “I Spy” using the pictures your child drew.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “Who can you tell about Jesus? (Pause.) Yes! Everyone! You can tell everyone about Jesus.”
– During the Activity: “Use the crayon to draw people who you can tell about Jesus. You can draw your friends, your family, and your neighbors. (Pause and encourage children to draw.) I spy some people… oh no! Where are they? Let’s work together to find them. Paint the paper to find the people you drew!”
– After the Activity: “Great job! Now let’s play ‘I Spy’! I spy (point) [a person’s name]’s picture! Can you tell [person’s name] about Jesus? Yes, you can tell everyone about Jesus!” Continue for all of the pictures.
This month, we’re teaching toddlers that we can love like Jesus. We love others by being kind with our words and actions. We want toddlers to grow up knowing that when they love like Jesus, they can point others to Him and make a big difference in their life!
Choose an activity to complete with your toddler to learn that we can love like Jesus!
Bible Story Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: Bible story sheet
WHAT YOU SAY: “I love reading the Bible and spending time with Jesus. Let’s read our Bible story together right now!”
WHAT YOU DO: Read “A Short Man” from the Bible story sheet
Game Activity: Love Like Jesus!
WHAT YOU SAY: “Let’s play a fun game to help us remember that we can love like Jesus!”
WHAT YOU DO: Have your family stand in a circle. Turn the music on and have a dance party! After about 30 seconds, read one of the prompts from the list below and encourage your toddler to stand very still or FREEZE. After they respond, encourage your toddler to dance again. Repeat the activity in 30 second increments until all of the prompts have been read.
- If you can love like Jesus by being kind, FREEZE!
- If you can love like Jesus by sharing with others, FREEZE!
- If you can love like Jesus by praying for your friends, FREEZE!
- If you can love like Jesus by helping others, FREEZE!
- If you can love like Jesus by giving to others, FREEZE!
After the activity, say, “Great job! Remember, Jesus loves us so much and He wants us to love everyone like He does. Who can love like Jesus?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can love like Jesus!”