When you join us for church, your child can tune into eKidz Online — a fun, interactive experience streaming from our eKidz Online YouTube page. It’s available during all Elevation Church worship experience broadcasts — 9:30AM, 11:30AM, 2:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, and 10:00PM EDT on Sundays, and 7:00PM EDT on Mondays and Wednesdays. CLICK HERE to subscribe and join us for the eKidz Online experience!
eKidz Online is also linked in your campus’s Facebook Group. Visit the Elevation Church page on Facebook, click on “Groups” in the menu, and select your campus. Click “Join” so you can stay connected.
We know that this season looks different, and we want to help you do church at home. Check out these resources your family can use this week!
1 – 2 YEARS OLD
This month, we’re learning “God made me.” We’ll read “The First People” in Genesis 2 to learn about the time God made His most special creation — people! The first two people God made were a man named Adam and a woman named Eve. God made them, and He made us, too! He made us so wonderfully, and He loves us so much!
Choose an activity to complete with your toddler to learn that God made people!
Bible Story Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: a Bible (Use a children’s Bible if you have one or download the Bible App for Kids and watch “In the Beginning.”)
WHAT YOU SAY: “I love reading the Bible and spending time with Jesus. Let’s read our Bible story together right now!”
WHAT YOU DO: Read “The First People” — Genesis 2 from the Bible.
Memory Verse Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: none
WHAT YOU SAY: “Our memory verse helps us remember that God made us wonderfully. Let’s practice saying our memory verse together!”
WHAT YOU DO: Have your toddler say Psalm 139:14a three times. Say it in a loud voice, a whisper voice, and a silly voice. Do the motions as you say the verse. Say the verse, line by line, encouraging your toddler to repeat and complete the actions after you.
“Thank you (point up with pointer fingers)
for making me (point to self)
so wonderfully… ” (give yourself a hug)
Psalm 139:14a, NLT (open hands like a book)
Game Activity: I Spy!
WHAT YOU DO:
- Say, “Let’s play a fun game to help us remember that God made us!”
- Read each of the prompts below and encourage your toddler to find each item.
-“I spy (name something your toddler can see with their eyes).” After your toddler spies the item say, “If you’re glad God made you wonderfully with eyes to see, point to your eyes!”
-“I spy (name something your toddler can smell with their nose).” After your toddler spies the item say, “If you’re glad God made you wonderfully with a nose to smell, point to your nose!”
-“I spy (name a food your toddler likes to eat).” After your toddler spies the item say, “If you’re glad God made you wonderfully with a mouth to taste yummy food and treats, point to your mouth!”
-“I spy (name something that makes noise your toddler can hear).” After your toddler spies the item say, “If you’re glad God made you wonderfully with ears to hear, point to your ears!”
- Say, “Remember, God made you and He loves you so much. Who made you?” Encourage your toddler to say, “God made me!”
3 YEARS – KINDERGARTEN
God loves me, and I am special to Him. ● The Lost Coin I Luke 15:8-10
Jesus told a story about a woman to help us understand that because God loves us so much, He wants us to be with Him, always. Watch this video and spend time with your child learning that we are all special to Jesus.
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Did the woman in Jesus’ story have one coin or 10 coins? (10 coins)
Question #2: What did the woman do when she lost one of her coins? (she looked for it)
Question #3: Are you special to God, just like the coin was special to the woman? (yes)
Family Activity: Coin Counting
WHAT YOU NEED: 10 paper plates, a marker
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Use the marker to write the numbers 1-10 on the center of each plate, one number per plate. Hide the plates around your house for child to find.
- During the Activity: Explain that there are ten coins hidden around your house. Allow your child to search until all ten “coins” are found. Then, work together to put them in order, counting to ten together. (If time allows, have your child close their eyes as you hide the coins, again. After all plates are found, put them in order and count to ten.)
WHAT YOU SAY:
- After the Activity: “Great finding and counting! How many coins did you find? Yes, you found all ten! Our Bible story was about a woman who had 10 coins and lost one. She searched and searched for it and was SO happy when she found it. It was special to her! And guess what? YOU are special to God because God loves you.”
Do you ever feel jittery or antsy? Like your mind won’t rest and the noise and distractions of the world are beating down on you? Maybe it’s time for a retreat. Jesus withdrew all the time: to escape crowds, to be alone, and to pray. He knew that solitude was a lifesaving survival skill that realigned Him with God where He could silence His mind and listen to God’s voice. This week we ask the question, “What distractions do you need to turn off this week?”
In eKidz Online this week, we tuned into the Loop Show to learn more about how we can turn off distractions in order to listen to God’s voice.