February 14 is coming up soon, but Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about romance! Use these fun celebration tips to plan a day your whole family will remember.
- Plan a family dinner. Get dressed up and try a new restaurant or have a fancy at-home dinner.
- Snuggle up for a family movie night. Grab some blankets and pillows, pop some popcorn, and cozy up on the couch and watch a movie together.
- Bake a special treat. Get out your aprons, turn on some music, and whip up a special Valentine’s treat for the family to enjoy after dinner.
- Have a special family game night. Load up on appetizers and snacks and plan a night full of fun board games and card games.
- Say “I Love You.” Go around the dinner table and have everyone share one reason they love each member of the family.
- Make cards and spread the love. Gather pink and red paper or premade cards from the store and make valentines for family, friends, or neighbors. Add candy for a special treat.
- Go to the library and pick out some books to read together. :
– “Full, Full, Full of Love” by Trisha Cooke
– “The Day it Rained Hearts” by Felicia Bond
– “Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George” by N. DeAngelo
– “Snowy Valentine” by David Petersen
– “The Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Party” by Jan & Mike Berenstain
For more fun ideas, check out our Valentine’s Day Pinterest board.
Happy Valentine’s Day!