Main point: Jesus loves people everywhere.
Bible story: Woman at the Well ● Matthew 22:8-10
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- How did Jesus feel after He had walked a long way? (tired)
- Did Jesus sit down by a well or a waterfall? (a well)
- Was the woman from the same town as Jesus? (no)
- A woman went to the well to get some water. What did Jesus ask her for? (a drink)
- Was the woman surprised or angry when Jesus talked to her? (surprised)
- Did Jesus still show love to the woman even though she was from a different town? (yes)
- Does Jesus love people everywhere, no matter where they live? (yes)
Family Activity: Follow The Line
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
- During the Activity: Point out the children in each corner of the activity page and the picture of Jesus in the center of the page. Encourage your child to trace the line from each of the children in the corner to the picture of Jesus in the center.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Look at the picture in front of you. Who do you see? (Pause.) That’s right, it’s Jesus in the center. Trace the lines from each child on the page to Jesus!”
- After the Activity: “Great job! Do you see the heart around Jesus? Jesus LOVES everyone, including you. Who does Jesus love?” (Jesus loves everyone.)