Main point: Jesus’ teaching is amazing.
Bible story: Jesus Teaches at the Temple ● Luke 2:41-50
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, His family)
Question #2: What happened in today’s Bible story? (One day, Mary and Joseph couldn’t find Jesus! After looking for Him, they found Jesus at the temple. Jesus was teaching the adults about God, and they were amazed.)
Question #3: When Jesus taught the adults in the temple, they were amazed. Is Jesus’ teaching amazing? (yes)
Family Activity: Teaching in the Crowd
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity page and crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to color the picture while you review the Bible story.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “One day, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph went to the temple for a big celebration for God. On the way, they got separated. Color Mary and Joseph in the picture. (Pause.) Great! There were so many people at the temple for the celebration that Mary and Joseph had a hard time finding Jesus.”
- During the Activity: “Now color the people in the crowd. (Pause.) Mary and Joseph looked over here, and over there, behind these people, and around those people, until they finally found Jesus. Look on your paper and color the picture of Jesus!”
- After the Activity: “When Mary and Joseph found Jesus, He was talking to a lot of grown-ups about God, and they were listening! They were amazed at what He taught and how much He knew about God. Who is amazing?” (Jesus is amazing.)