It’s Thanksgiving. We should be thankful.
I am especially thankful that I have had the privilege to sit under Pastor Steven’s teaching for several years now. As I prayed for his family today, I started reflecting on his teachings on gratitude. Here is a compilation of my notes on some of his key points and scripture.
Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers, consider well her ramparts, view her citadels, that you may tell of them to the next generation. For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
1) Gratitude is never invisible or silent
2) Gratitude sustains joy and blessings
3) Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends
4) Grateful people can find, enlarge, and create a blessing in any situation
5) Turn your “got to” into a “get to”
Take some time to ‘wrestle’ with one of these ideas and work to apply it. If you do, it will change your life!
Because of His mercy and for His glory,
Frank Bealer (Family Pastor)