Last weekend during part 2 of Banner Years Pastor Steven said, “We can’t make God move but we can make room for God to move in our life.” Every person in the auditorium was writing this powerful truth down and shouting amen. I was doing the same. On the side of my journal I wrote, how does this apply to my wife and I as we raise our kids?
I’ve been thinking a lot about it. Here are a few of the areas that we have come up with so far…
- Help our kids learn & memorize God’s Word (Starting with their monthly verse from eKidz)
- Pray for our kids future (I’m already praying for Layla’s husband – she’s 4)
- Lead our kids in audacious faith (We need to include our kids on what we are believing God for)
- Teach our kids generosity (The #RockTalk kits have been a great tool for this)
- Instill the value of honor in our kids (‘Yes sir’ and ‘Yes ma’am’ seem like a great place to start)
How are you applying this truth in your family?
Frank Bealer (Family Pastor)