How do your friendships help you get closer to God? ● Acts 2:42
As a family, discuss a few questions together after your child watches this week’s episode.
Question #1: How can friendships help you grow closer to God? What’s one friendship that has helped you grow in your faith?
Question #2: Read Acts 2:42. The earliest followers of Jesus shared their lives together. How can you share your life with your community and your friends?
Question #3: There are many different ways to spend time with God in prayer. Which of these types of prayers would you like to pray more often, and why?
- Looking BACK with gratitude.
- Looking UP to praise and focus on God.
- Looking IN to ask forgiveness and for help to change what you need to change.
- Looking AROUND to ask for help for the needs of the people around you.
- Looking FORWARD to share your hopes and dreams with God.
God didn’t create us to live life alone. He created us to live and thrive in community. Growing with your community means growing closer to God with the people closest to you.
Acts 2:42 gives a few ways we can grow closer to God and our community. This week, how can you grow closer to God with the people closest to you?