Main Point: God told us He would give us Jesus.
Bible Story: The Angel and Mary ● Luke 1:26-33, 38, 46-49
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Who was today’s Bible story about? (Mary, the angel, Jesus)
Question #2: What happened in today’s Bible story? (An angel told Mary that God was going to give her a baby and she would name Him Jesus. Jesus is special because He is God’s Son! Then Mary told the angel that she would do what God wanted her to do.)
Question #3: What does this Bible story teach us? (God told us He would give us Jesus.)
Family Activity: Paper Plate Angel
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity page, scissors, paper plates, feathers, pens, and glue sticks
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page at home. Cut out the picture of the angel’s face. To create the angel’s body, make a triangle by folding both sides of the paper plate toward the center.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to glue the angel’s face to the top of the paper plate triangle. Then glue feathers to the back of the paper plate for wings.
- After the Activity: Talk about how God sent an angel to tell Mary she would have a special baby.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Today, we heard that God sent an angel to a woman named Mary to tell her that she would have a special baby named Jesus. This baby was special because Jesus is God’s Son.”
- During the Activity: “Let’s make an angel to remember our story. Glue the face to the top of your paper plate. (Pause.) Now flip your plate over and glue some feathers to the top. These are the angel’s wings. (Pause.) Good job! In our story, the angel came to Mary and told her not to be afraid and that she would have a baby! The angel told her to call Him Jesus and said He will be so special because Jesus is God’s Son.”
- After the Activity: “The angel told Mary that God was giving us a very special gift, His Son, Jesus. Why is Jesus special?” (Jesus is God’s Son.)