Main point: I can go God’s way even when it’s hard.
Bible story: Naaman ● 2 Kings 5:1-14
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- Was today’s Bible story about a man named Naaman or Nicholas? (Naaman)
- Was Naaman in charge of a big army? (yes)
- Was there medicine that could help Naaman feel better? (no)
- How many times did Naaman need to wash himself in the river? (seven)
- Was Naaman excited or angry that he had to wash himself seven times? (angry)
- After Naaman took seven baths in the river, did his spots go away? (yes)
- Naaman decided to go God’s way, and he was healed! Can we go God’s way too, even when it’s hard? (yes)
Family Activity: Obstacle Course
WHAT YOU NEED: items from home to create an obstacle course (e.g., chair, book, trash can, pillows, etc.)
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Use three or four items from home to set up a simple obstacle course. Here are a few ideas:
- Lay a book on the floor for children to hop over.
- Use a chair or the table for children to crawl under.
- Set up the trash can for children to walk around.
- Use tape to mark a zig-zag line on the floor that they must walk along.
Limit your course to three or four obstacles set up in a row.
– During the Activity: Explain the course, pointing out each obstacle. Then “run” through the course to demonstrate each one to your child. Encourage your child to go through the obstacle course. Continue the activity for as long as your child is interested.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– During the Activity: “Look! It’s an obstacle course. Do you think you can make it through? It might be tough, but you can do it. Let me show you how. (Demonstrate the course.) Are you ready to give it a try? (Pause.) Remember, don’t give up, even when it’s hard!”
– After the Activity: “You did awesome! I’m proud of you for sticking with it, even when it was hard. We can do the same thing when it comes to going God’s way! God’s way is perfect, but sometimes it might be hard to follow Him. Even when it’s hard, we can follow God and because His way is perfect. Whose way is perfect?” (God’s way is perfect.)