Main Point: I can praise God because He is good.
Bible Story: We Can Praise God ● Psalm 149:1-5
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: “Who was today’s Bible story about?” (God)
Question #2: “What happened in the Bible story?” (We learned about all of the gifts God has given us like our food, our family, and all the people who help us. We can thank God for all the good things He’s given us by praising Him. We can always praise God because He is good.)
Question #3: “What does today’s Bible story teach us?” (We can praise God because He is good.)
Family Activity: Good Thing Matching
WHAT YOU NEED: Memory Cards activity pages, scissors
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity pages and cut on the dotted lines.
- During the Activity: Place each card face down on the floor or table. Ask your child to choose two cards and turn them over. If they match, remove both cards and set them aside. If they do not match, turn both of the cards back over in the same place. Repeat until all of the matches have been made.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s see if we can find two cards that match. (Point to the cards on the table.) I have some pictures of good things God made. There are two of each picture. I want you turn over two cards like this (demonstrate), and see if they are a match.”
- During the Activity: “Choose two cards to turn over. Awesome! Do those cards match?” (Continue the activity.)
- After the Activity: “You did it! You found all the matches. Let’s look at these wonderful things God made. God has given us food and so many yummy things to eat that God made. Then there’s our family, which is a VERY good thing God made. God also made people! Look at how different we are. God made each of us so special. And God made everything in creation — mountains, trees, and rivers. These are all good, good things God made!”