Main point: Jesus’ healing is amazing.
Bible story: The Four Friends ● Mark 2:1-12
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, the man who couldn’t walk, his four friends)
Question #2: What happened in today’s Bible story? (There were four men with a friend who couldn’t walk. They carried him on a mat to see Jesus. When they couldn’t get in the front door, they climbed to the roof, dug a hole, and lowered their friend down. When Jesus saw the man, He healed him!)
Question #3: What does today’s Bible story teach us? (Jesus’ healing is amazing.)
Family Activity: We’re Going On A Jesus Hunt
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity page
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page.
- During the Activity: Lead your child in saying the words and doing the motions on the “We’re Going on a Jesus Hunt” activity page.
- After the Activity: Talk about how the four friends took their friend who couldn’t walk to Jesus because they heard He could do amazing things. Jesus can do amazing things because Jesus is amazing!
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: (Use the activity page to lead the children in retelling the story.)
- After the Activity: “The four men took their friend to Jesus because they heard that He could do amazing things. When they got there, Jesus made their friend better, and he could walk! Jesus really is amazing! Who is amazing?” (Jesus is amazing.)