Main point: Jesus is alive!
Bible story: Easter ● Matthew 26:20-30; 27:45-50; 28:1-7
Happy Easter eKidz families! As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- In today’s Bible story, did we learn about the true story of Easter or Esther? (Easter)
- God gave us His Son to be our friend forever. Who is God’s Son? (Jesus)
- After Jesus had dinner with His friends, did He pray in a garage or a garden? (a garden)
- Did Jesus die on a cross or a car? (cross)
- How many days did Jesus stay in the tomb? (three)
- When Jesus’ friends went to the tomb, was Jesus’ body there? (no)
- Is Jesus alive? (yes)
Family Activity: Happy or Sad
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut out the emoji faces. Give your child one set of faces — one happy face and one sad face.
- During the Activity: Read the scenarios below and encourage your child to hold up whether it would make them happy or sad.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Can you show me what you look like when you’re sad? (Hold up one of the sad emoji faces.) Oh, that’s so sad! What about when you’re happy? What does that look like? (Hold up one of the happy emoji faces.) I have one of these sets for you.” (Give your child the set of emoji faces.)
- During the Activity: “So tell me, when you wake up ready to go to the park but it’s raining outside, do you feel happy or sad? Hold up the happy or sad face to show me how you would feel if you couldn’t go to the park. (Pause.) I would feel sad, too.”
“What if your Mom takes you out for ice cream. How does that make you feel? (Pause.) Ice cream always makes me happy!”
“What if your grandma comes over for a visit? How does that make you feel? (Pause.) Yes, I LOVE spending time with my grandma. That definitely makes me happy.”
“What if you fall on the playground and skin your knee? How does that make you feel? (Pause) Ouch! I would be sad, too.”
“What if your older brother asks you come outside and play? How would that make you feel? (Pause.) So fun! I’d be happy, too.”
- After the Activity: “Sometimes we’re happy and sometimes we’re sad! It’s just like the people in our story today. When Jesus went away, they were so sad! (Hold up the sad emoji.) But Jesus promised to come back, and He did! They were SO happy to see Him. (Hold up the happy face.) I’m SO happy when I think about the truth that Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Tell me, who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)