Main point: Jesus loves me no matter what.
Bible story: The Thankful Woman ● Luke 7:36-50
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- Was Jesus at a special dance or dinner? (dinner)
- When the woman walked in, was she carrying a bottle of perfume or pink lemonade? (perfume)
- Where did the woman sit? (near Jesus’ feet)
- What did the woman use to dry Jesus’ feet? (her hair)
- Even though the woman made a lot of wrong choices, did Jesus forgive her, or did He ask her to leave? (Jesus forgave her.)
- Did the woman know that Jesus loved her no matter what? (yes)
- Does Jesus love you no matter what? (yes)
Family Activity: Right Choices, Wrong Choices
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity pages, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page.
- During the Activity: Use the dialogue below to lead your child in a discussion about right choices versus wrong choices. As you talk about each right choice, color the corresponding picture on the activity page.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “We make choices every day. Sometimes, we make right choices, and sometimes we make wrong choices.
Which is the right choice: leaving your dirty dishes on the table or washing them? (Pause.) Yes, the right choice is to help wash the dishes! (Encourage your child to color the picture of a child washing dishes.) Which is the right choice: choosing not to help with dinner or helping when asked? (Pause.) Yes, the right choice is to help. (Encourage your child to color the picture of a child helping with the cooking.)
Which is the right choice: helping clean the table when asked or pitching a fit because you don’t want to? (Pause.) Yes, the right choice is to help clean the table! (Encourage your child to color the picture of a child cleaning the table.)
Which is the right choice: sweeping the floors after a meal when your mom asks or pretending you didn’t hear her and going outside to play? Yes, the right choice is to sweep the floor!” (Encourage your child to color the picture of a child sweeping.)
- After the Activity: “Great job! Jesus loves us when we make right choices and when we make wrong choices. Jesus loves us no matter what! Who loves you?” (Jesus loves me.)