Main point: Jesus loves me.
Bible story: Jesus and the Children ● Luke 18:15-16
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- “Did a big or small crowd of people come to hear Jesus teach?” (big crowd)
- “Were there children in the crowd who wanted to see Jesus, too?” (yes)
- “What did the disciples tell the children to do?” (to stop and go away)
- “Did Jesus welcome the children or tell them to go away?” (Jesus welcomed the children.)
- “Did Jesus show the children they were important to Him?” (yes)
- “Are you important to Jesus, too?” (yes)
- “Who loves you?” (Jesus loves me.)
Family Activity: Jesus Loves Us
WHAT YOU NEED: no supplies
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Lead your child in singing the song below to the tune of “London Bridge Is Falling Down.” Repeat the activity for as long as your child is interested.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s sing a fun song to help us remember that Jesus loves us!”
- During the Activity: “Let’s sing this together:
Jesus loves us at all times,
At all times,
At all times.
Jesus loves us at all times
Jesus loves [your child’s name].”
- After the Activity: “That was so fun! Jesus loves us at all times. He loves us on cold days, sunny days, rainy days, and clear days. He loves us when we’re happy or sad, excited or tired. Jesus loves us at ALL times. Who loves you?” (Jesus loves me.)