Main point: Jesus’ miracles are amazing.
Bible story: Catching Fish ● Luke 5:1-10
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
Question #1: Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, fishermen, Peter)
Question #2: What happened in today’s Bible story? (A group of fishermen had been fishing all night long, but they didn’t catch anything. Jesus came to the shore where the fishermen were and got into one of the boats. He told Peter, one of the fishermen, to let down their nets. When they did, their nets were filled with fish! When the fishermen pulled up their nets, they had enough fish to fill two boats.)
Question #3: Everyone was amazed by Jesus’ miracle when the fishermen had enough fish to fill two full boats. Are Jesus’ miracles amazing? (yes)
Family Activity: Fish Net
WHAT YOU NEED: Activity page, scissors, construction paper, crayons or markers, and a glue stick
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut out the fish. Then draw a picture of a net on a piece of construction paper.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to glue the fish on the net.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “There is an empty net on our paper! Oh, goodness! It looks like the net in the beginning of today’s Bible story.”
- During the Activity: “Let’s fill the net full of fish!” (Encourage your child to glue the fish on the net.)
- After the Activity: “Great job! It might have been easy to fill our net, but in our Bible story, the fishermen had been fishing all night and couldn’t catch a single fish! When Jesus told Peter to cast his nets, they caught so many fish that their nets started breaking! They even had to get another boat. They had two boats full of fish. Everyone was amazed. No one but the out-of-this-world amazing Jesus could do that!” (Jesus is amazing.)