Main point: I can tell others about Jesus.
Bible story: Great Commission ● Matthew 28:16-20
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- Was today’s Bible story about Jesus and His friends or His family? (His friends)
- Where did Jesus take His friends? (a mountain)
- Did Jesus have an important job for them to do or a game for them to play? (an important job)
- Was the important job for them to cook Him a meal? (no)
- Was the important job for them to tell others that Jesus wants to be their friend forever? (yes)
- Did Jesus want them to tell everyone about Him or just a few people? (everyone)
- Was this important job only for Jesus’ friends? (no)
- Can you tell others about Jesus, too? (yes)
Family Activity: Tell Everyone
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, tape
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and tape the pictures around your room.
– During the Activity: Say, “We can tell [name a person from one of the pictures] that Jesus wants to be their friend forever.” Then instruct your child to find the picture of the person you said. After they’ve found it, say, “Who wants to be [name of person from the picture]’s friend forever?” and encourage them to say, “Jesus wants to be their friend forever!” Continue the activity by saying the phrase for each picture and encouraging your child to find each one.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “We have pictures all around the room. There is a picture of a doctor, a firefighter, a police officer, a teacher, a grandpa, a neighbor, and some friends.”
– During the Activity: “When I call out the name of someone whose picture is somewhere in this room, I want you to find the picture I’m talking about. Are you ready? (Pause.) We can tell a teacher that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. Find the picture of a teacher! (Pause.) Great job! Now, tell me, ‘Who wants to be the teacher’s friend forever?” (Pause.) Jesus wants to be their friend forever. Great job! Let’s do it again.” (Continue the activity, choosing a different person each time.)
– After the Activity: “That was so much fun! We can tell everyone that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)