Main point: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Bible story: Breakfast on the Beach ● John 21:1-14
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- When Jesus came back, did He want to spend time with His friends? (yes)
- What were Jesus’ friends doing? (fishing)
- Who did Jesus’ friends see on the shore? (Jesus)
- When they got to the shore, was Jesus making breakfast or dinner? (breakfast)
- Did Jesus eat breakfast by Himself? (no) Did Jesus eat breakfast with His friends? (yes)
- Jesus wants to be your friend, too! Who wants to be your friend forever? (Jesus)
Family Activity: Kite Tracing
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Print off the activity page at home and give it to your child.
– During the Activity: Point out the dotted lines for your child to trace with the crayons or markers. They may also color their kite. Use the dialogue below to talk about how wide, long, high, and deep God’s love is for us as you review the verse on the page.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “What do you see on the page in front of you? Can you tell what it is by the dotted lines? (Pause.) Yes, it’s a kite tail. Let’s trace the dotted lines, and you can color the kite, too.”
-During the Activity: “Have you traced the tails, yet? Some of these tails are SO long. It reminds me of our verse written on the page. It says, ‘How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.’ Ephesians 3:18.”
– After the Activity: “Jesus’ love for you is higher and wider and longer and deeper than you could ever imagine. Jesus LOVES you and wants to be your friend, forever. Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)