MONTHLY FOCUS: I can go God’s way.
MEMORY VERSE: “Teach me Your way, O Lord.” Psalm 27:11a (NASB)
BIBLE STORY: Jonah and the Big Fish I Jonah 1:1 – 3:10
Play a fun game with your toddler to help them remember that we can go God’s way! Grab some bubbles and encourage your toddler to pop the bubbles according to the instructions you give them.
- The Bible tells us that God wants us to follow Him and obey His Word. Let’s pop the bubbles while we march!
- The Bible tells us that we can be glad even when it’s hard because God knows what is best for us! Let’s pop the bubbles while jumping up and down!
- The Bible says to tell the truth. Let’s pop the bubbles while we all say, “Tell the truth!”
- The Bible tells us to be brave because God is always with us. We don’t have to be afraid! Everyone show me your best brave face. (Pause) Let’s pop the bubbles with a brave face!
- The Bible tells us to be thankful for what God gives us. Let’s pop the bubbles by clapping our hands!
- The Bible tells us to be kind to everyone around us, including our friends. Let’s pop the bubbles with a friend!
Continue for as long as your toddler is interested.
After the activity, say, “When we read God’s Word, we learn how to go God’s way. God’s way is best and we should follow Him! Who can go God’s way?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can go God’s way!”