MONTHLY FOCUS: I can be brave.
VERSE FOCUS: “Be strong and brave, do not be afraid. I am the Lord your God.” Joshua 1:9
BIBLE STORY: The Mean Giant (David and Goliath) | 1 Samuel 17:1-50
This week during eKidz we played a game to remind us we can be brave.
Say, “Let’s play a fun game to show we can be brave. When I say a movement, I want us to do the movement together. I know you can do it because you are brave! Are you ready? (Pause.) Here we go!” After each movement, say, “Great job! That may have been hard, but you did a great job being brave.”
- touch toes with your eyes closed
- cover your eyes and jump on one foot
- jump as high as you can with your hand on your nose
- look at your parent or sibling and tell them why you love them
- go get a toy and share it with your parent or sibling (have kids grab a toy and give them one minute to play and share)
After the Activity: “I knew you could do what I did, because you are brave! We can be brave by doing things that may be hard or scare us, and we can be brave by being nice to our friends. Who can be brave?” Encourage your toddler to say, “I can be brave!”