Main point: Jesus is alive.
Bible story: Easter ● Matthew 26:20-50
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- In today’s Bible story, did we learn about the true story of Easter or Esther? (Easter)
- God gave us His Son to be our friend forever. Who is God’s Son? (Jesus)
- After Jesus had dinner with His friends, did He pray in a garage or a garden? (a garden)
- Did Jesus die on a cross? (yes)
- How many days did Jesus stay in the tomb? (three)
- When Jesus’ friends went to the tomb, was Jesus’ body there? (no)
- Is Jesus alive? (yes)
Family Activity: Celebration Banner
WHAT YOU NEED: paper, crayons or markers, stickers or other fun craft materials
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Write “Jesus Is Alive” on the paper. This will be your banner.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to decorate the banner using crayons, markers, stickers or any other craft materials you have.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “We’re going to make an awesome banner that will help us remember what we learned in our Bible story!”
- After the Activity: “I’ll read what it says. It says ‘JESUS IS ALIVE!’ That is what today’s Bible story is all about and why we celebrate Easter! Now remind me… Who is alive?” (Jesus is alive.)