Main point: Even when it is hard, we can love like Jesus.
Bible story: Paul is Shipwrecked ● Acts 27:1-28:10
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (Paul)
- In the Bible story, Paul was on a boat. While the boat was sailing, what happened? (There was a big storm.)
- After the storm, what happened to the boat? (The boat hit some land, got stuck, and was broken.)
- After the boat landed, did more hard things keep happening? (yes)
- Even when hard things kept happening, did Paul still choose to love like Jesus? (yes)
Family Activity: Boat, Water, Island
WHAT YOU NEED: activity pages
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to hop to the picture that you call out. When they get to each picture, they will say, “Jesus wants to be my friend forever.” Repeat as desired.
- After the Activity: Review the story.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “There are three different pictures on the floor. A boat, waves in the water, and an island. Listen for the one I call out, and we’ll hop to each one together.”
- During the Activity: “Ready, set, move to the boat. (Pause.) Who wants to be your friend forever? Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Ready, set, and move to the water. (Repeat as desired.) Great job of hopping to the boat, the island, and the water! What do those pictures make you think of? (Pause.) Our Bible story! Everyone, sit down with me at the island.”
- After the Activity: “While Paul was on the boat, there was a big storm and the boat was broken. When Paul got off the boat, he chose to love like Jesus. He went here, there, and everywhere to tell people that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)