Main point: God has plans for me.
Bible story: God’s Plans For Me ● Jeremiah 29:11
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “Who was today’s Bible story about? (God)
- What happened in the Bible story? (We read in the Bible, Jeremiah 29:11, that showed us God has plans for us and His plans are to help us, not hurt us.)
- What does this story teach us? (God has plans for us.)
- Does God have plans for you? (yes)
Family Activity: Puzzled Memory Verse
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page.
- During the Activity: Lead your child in repeating the verse as you hold up the images in order. (NOTE: You will use Image I (the #4) and Image 2 (the eye) twice as you repeat the verse. Point to each one as you say the verse together.)
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “I have a plan for you to follow to say our memory verse. Here, I’ll show you!”
- During the Activity: “Say it with me. (Hold up Image 1) ‘“For (Hold up Image 2) I (Hold up Image 3) know the (Hold up Image 4) plans (Hold up Image 2) I have (Hold up Image 1) for (Hold up Image 5) you,” says the Lord,’ (Hold up Image 6) Jeremiah 29:11.” (Repeat as desired until your child can say it quickly.)
- After the Activity: “That was so fun. You followed the plan. I’m SO glad God has a plan for you and me! Who has plans for you?” (God has plans for me.)