Main point: God is always with me.
Bible story: Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego ● Daniel 3:1-28
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- What was the king’s statue made out of? (gold)
- Did the king tell everyone to bow down to his statue or just his friends? (everyone)
- Where would they put people who wouldn’t bow down to the statue? (the fire)
- Did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego bow down to the statue? (no)
- Did the king throw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the fire? (yes)
- Who did the king say protected them in the fire? (God)
- God was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, even in the fire. Can you trust that God is always with you, too? (yes)
Family Activity: Where Do You Go?
WHAT YOU NEED: paper and a marker
WHAT YOU DO:
– During the Activity: Ask your child to list the places they go during the week. As they call out each location, write down their answer in large block letters or draw simple pictures to illustrate each one. After you fill the page with their answers, point them out one by one and talk about how God is with them in each place.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– During the Activity: “Can you name some places you went to this past week?” (Write or draw each answer.)
– After the Activity: “Look at this awesome list! We go to school and church, to our grandparent’s house, to the park, and to the store. Did you know that God is with you everywhere you go? He loves you so much, and you can always trust Him. Who can trust God?” (I can trust God.)