Main point: God is with me so l can be brave.
Bible story: Moses’ Mom ● Exodus 1:22-2:10
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (baby Moses, Moses’ mom)
- What was today’s Bible story about? (When a very mean king wanted to get rid of all the baby boys in God’s family, Moses’ mom wanted to protect her baby. She put baby Moses in a basket so he could float safely down the river. The princess found baby Moses! Moses’ mom was able to take care of Moses!)
- What does this story teach us? (God is with us, so we can be brave.)
- How do you know that God’s power can help us make the right choice? (God was with Moses’ mother, and He helped her be brave. Just like Moses’ mother, we can be brave, too. God is always with us, and He can help us!)
Family Activity: All The Time
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, scissors, and a glue stick
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
– During the Activity: Help your child cut out the four picture rectangles at the bottom of the activity page. Tell them to glue the pictures in the spaces on the clock that have the matching number as you talk about the pictures.
– After the Activity: Talk about how God is always with us, no matter where we go or what we do.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “We’re going to make something to help us remember God is always with us.”
– During the Activity: “Today, we’ll make a clock that will remind us God is always with us. (Cut and glue as you discuss the pictures. Point to the food.) What is this picture? (Pause.) Yes, this is food. God is with you when you eat.
(Point to the playground.) What is this picture? (Pause.) It looks like a playground. I love to play! God is with you when you play.
(Point to the car.) What is this picture? (Pause.) Right again! This is a car. God is with you everywhere you go.
What is this picture? (Pause.) You got it. This is a bed. What do you do in a bed? Yes! You sleep in a bed. God is with you when you sleep. God is always with you!”
– After the Activity: “Great job! There is only one person who can always be with you… GOD! God is always with you no matter where you go, and He can help you be brave. Who is always with you?” (God is always with me.)