Main point: God looked at everything He made. Then, He rested.
Bible story: God Rested ● Genesis 1:1 – 2:3
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- On day six, what did God create? (animals and people)
- What was God’s most special creation, people or animals? (people)
- What did God do on day seven? (He rested)
- Did God think His creation was good or bad? (good)
- Who made everything? (God made everything)
Family Activity: Dance and Rest
WHAT YOU NEED: music player, Quest worship playlist
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Play a song from the Quest worship playlist and encourage your child to sing and dance with you. Stop the music every 10-20 seconds and instruct your child to lie down on the floor and rest. Then, start the music back up and repeat for as long as your child is interested.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s sing and dance together! When the music stops, we’re going to lie down and rest. Are you ready? Let’s dance!”
- During the Activity: (Pause the music after about 20 seconds.) “Now let’s rest for a minute. (Play the music again.) And now let’s dance again!”
- After the Activity: “It was so fun to dance around! But it was also nice to lie on the floor and rest, right? Who rested in our Bible story today? (Pause and give your child time to answer.) Yes! God rested. Who made everything?” (God made everything.)