Main point: God loves me when I’m afraid.
Bible story: Gideon Is Afraid ● Judges 6:2-4, 11-12
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Was the man in our story named Gideon or Greg? (Gideon)
- Was Gideon afraid of the Midianite army? (yes)
- Did Gideon hide in a house or a hole in the ground? (a hole in the ground)
- What did God send to talk to Gideon? (an angel)
- Can we talk to God when we’re afraid? (yes)
- Did God still love Gideon when he was afraid? (yes)
- Who loves you even when you’re afraid? (God)
- Does God love you no matter what? (yes)
Family Activity: Hide and Seek
WHAT YOU NEED: several stuffed animals
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Hide the stuffed animals around the room.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to find the stuffed animals with you.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Some stuffed animal friends are hiding around the room. Let’s find them together!”
- During the Activity: “Let’s count to three and start looking. Ready? One… Two… Three!” (Do activity.)
- After the Activity: “Great job! Just like our stuffed animal friends, Gideon was hiding in our story today. He was afraid that some mean people were going to take his food. But God still loved Gideon even when he was afraid, because God loves us no matter what! Who loves you no matter what?” (God loves me no matter what.)