Main point: God loves me when I’m frustrated.
Bible story: Moses Is Frustrated ● Numbers 11:4-17
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- What was the name of the man in our story? (Moses)
- Was Moses fearful or frustrated? (frustrated)
- What were the Israelites doing to make Moses frustrated? (complaining)
- When he was frustrated, did Moses talk to God or throw a tantrum? (He talked to God.)
- Did God love Moses and listen to him? (yes)
- Can we talk to God no matter how we feel? (yes)
- Does God love us even when we’re frustrated? (yes)
- Who loves you no matter what? (God loves me no matter what.)
Family Activity: Puzzle Challenge
WHAT YOU NEED: small puzzle
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Set out the puzzle pieces on a flat surface.
- During the Activity: Have your child help you put the puzzle together. Throughout the activity, encourage them to keep trying and not get frustrated.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s work on this puzzle together!”
- During the Activity: “It might take a little while to find the right spot for each piece. But don’t get frustrated! Just keep trying until you find where the piece goes.”
- After the Activity: “Great job! Even when we got a little frustrated with the puzzle, we kept going. You know, when we’re frustrated, God still loves us. In fact, He loves us no matter what! Who loves you no matter what?” (God loves me no matter what.)