Main point: God made everything, and God made me.
Bible story: God Made Me ● Genesis 1
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who made everything? (God)
- Did God use crayons, markers, or paint to create everything? (no)
- What did God make on day two? (the sky and water)
- Did God make birds and fish or bananas and figs on day five? (birds and fish)
- Did God make everything by speaking with His voice? (yes)
- What did God make on day six? (animals and people)
- Was every person in the whole world made by God? (yes)
- God made all the things we see around us. Did He make you, too? (yes)
- Who made you wonderful? (God made me wonderful.)
Family Activity: Head and Shoulders
WHAT YOU NEED: no supplies needed
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Lead your child in singing “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes,” and point to each body part as you sing.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s sing ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes!’ We’re going to point to our head (point to head), our shoulders (point to shoulders), our knees (point to knees), our toes (point to toes), then our eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. Let’s sing!” (Do the activity.)
- During the Activity: (Point to each body part as you sing about it.)
- “Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.
Eyes and ears and mouth and nose.
Head, shoulders, knees, and toes, knees and toes.”
- After the Activity: “Great job! God made everything, including people. He did more than just give us heads, shoulders, knees, and toes, though. God made people to look like Him, and He made us in a wonderful way! Who made you wonderful?” (God made me wonderful.)