Main point: God made me to do big things.
Bible story: David and Goliath ● 1 Samuel 17:1-50
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- “What was the giant’s name in today’s story?” (Goliath)
- “Did anyone want to fight Goliath?” (no)
- “What did David bring to his brothers who were soldiers?” (food)
- “Did David challenge Goliath?” (yes)
- “Who did David say was with him and would help him fight Goliath?” (God)
- “Did David beat Goliath?” (yes)
- “Challenging Goliath was a BIG thing! Did God make you to do big things, just like David?” (yes)
Family Activity: Big and Small
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to circle all the small things on their activity page. Then have them color the big things on their page.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “I see some big and small things on your page! Draw a circle around all the small things. What do you see on the page that’s SMALL? (Pause.) Great! Now what do you see on the page that’s BIG? (Pause.) Color all the BIG things.”
- During the Activity: “Our stuffed animal is hiding. You can open your eyes and search for it!” (Do activity.)
- After the Activity: “You did a great job finding the small and big things. David was small compared to the big giant Goliath. But Goliath’s size didn’t matter, because God was with David, and He made David to do big things. You can do big things, too, when you remember God is with you! Who made you to do big things?” (God made me to do big things.)