Main point: God told Mary she would have His Son, Jesus.
Bible story: The Angel and Mary ● Luke 1:26-33; 38; 46-49
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (God, Mary, the angel)
- What happened in the Bible story? (God sent an angel to talk to Mary. Mary was surprised, but the angel gave Mary good news.)
- What did the angel tell Mary? (The angel told Mary she would have a baby and He would be God’s Son.)
- What would the baby’s name be? (Jesus)
- Is Jesus God’s Son? (yes)
Family Activity: Airplane Activity
WHAT YOU NEED: instruction page, paper, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print the instruction page. Then give your child a piece of paper.
- During the Activity: Use the pictures on the activity page to lead your child through each step to create their own airplane. Then encourage your child to color their airplane. Once their plane is finished, let them practice flying their angel airplane across the room.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Let’s make a paper airplane! We’ll go step by step, so you need to listen carefully and follow each step. Are you ready to follow instructions? (Pause.) Great! (Read off each step slowly, letting your child complete each step before you move to the next.) Decorate your airplane how you’d like. That looks awesome! Now, let’s fly your plane! (Pause.) Look at it go! Great job! You listened to all the instructions so you could make an airplane!”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, Mary listened to the angel because the angel had big news! The angel wanted Mary to know that Jesus was coming and that He is special. Who is God’s Son?” (Jesus is God’s Son.)