Main point: God’s power is awesome!
Bible story: Moses and the Sea ● Exodus 13:17-18; 14
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Moses, God, God’s people — the Israelites)
- What was today’s Bible story about? (God used His awesome power to divide the Red Sea and make a dry path for Moses and the Israelites to walk across.)
- What does this story teach us? (God’s power is awesome!)
- How do you know that God’s power is awesome? (God’s power is so awesome that He could hold the sea and everything in it so His people could walk on dry land.)
Family Activity: Make a Path
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, watercolor paint, paintbrush, cup of water, tape
WHAT YOU DO:
– Before the Activity: Print off the activity page. Place a three-inch piece of tape vertically on the page about four inches under the memory verse. Then, give the activity page to your child. Set the watercolor paint, paintbrush, and the cup of water on the table.
– During the Activity: Encourage your child to paint the watercolors over the tape. Help them paint above, below, and on top of the tape. Allow the paint to dry for a few minutes then gently remove the tape, creating a path on the page.
WHAT YOU SAY:
– Before the Activity: “In our Bible story today, we heard about Moses and how God was so powerful that He made a special path for Moses by parting the sea!”
– During the Activity: “The words on this page are our memory verse. (Point.) We’ll make a path under the words; a path just like in our Bible story. Paint above the tape, on top of it, and below it. (Do activity.) Hmm. This doesn’t look like a path. Let’s see what happens when we remove the tape. (Pause.) WOW! I see a path just like the one in our story! Great job!”
– After the Activity: “Our memory verse tells us that God is powerful. Who is powerful?” (God is powerful.)