Main point: I am wonderfully made in God’s image.
Bible story: In God’s Image ● Acts 17:24; Psalm 46:1; Proverbs 2:6
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who made everyone? (God)
- Did God make us to be like Him? (yes)
- Did God give us a brain or a boat to think with? (a brain)
- Did God make us to think and learn? (yes)
- Did God make us too create and help? (yes)
- Who made you wonderful? (God made me wonderful.)
WHAT YOU NEED: 2 sheets of paper, crayons, timer
WHAT YOU DO: Double Draw
- During the Activity: Using the crayons and paper, you and your child will draw each other. Set a timer for 15 seconds and draw the body parts from the list below. When the timer goes off, reset it, then move on to another part. Continue until you’ve gone through the list, or for as long as your child is interested.
- Head, body, arms, legs, hands, feet, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, ears, hair
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “We’re going to draw each other today!” (Do the activity.)
- During the Activity: “Let’s start drawing each other! I’m going to set a timer for a few seconds, and we’ll start drawing the head.” (Do the activity until the timer goes off.) Great job! Now let’s draw the body.” (Continue down the list as you draw.)
- After the Activity: “We did a great job drawing each other! God made every part of us, and we’re wonderfully made in His image! Who made you wonderful?” (God made me wonderful.)