Main point: I can love like Jesus.
Bible story: Jesus Washes His Friends’ Feet ● John 13:3-7, 34-35
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, His disciples)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Jesus and His friends were sharing a meal when Jesus began washing His disciples’ feet. Jesus washed their feet to show them how to love others!)
- Who was Jesus sharing a meal with? (His friends, the disciples)
- Did Jesus wash all of the disciples’ feet or just one of them? (Jesus washed all of the disciples’ feet.)
- Jesus was showing the disciples how to love and help others like He does. Does Jesus want you to love like He does too? (yes)
Family Activity: Love Like Jesus Puzzle
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, scissors
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut out the puzzle pieces. Then spread the pieces out.
- After the Activity: Help your child use the pieces to put the puzzle together.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “In our story today, we learned that Jesus showed love to His friends, the disciples, by washing their feet. We know that Jesus loves us, and He wants us to love people like He does. Look at your puzzle pieces — let’s put them together to build the puzzle! (Put the puzzle together.) Three pieces have pictures of ways to love like Jesus but one is blank. Let’s think of a different way we can love like Jesus and add it to the blank piece!”
- After the Activity: “In our story, we heard how Jesus washed His friends’ feet to show them how to love people the way He loves people. And loving like Jesus is the most special, most powerful, most important thing Jesus told us to do. Who can love like Jesus?” (I can love like Jesus.)