Main point: I can thank God for family and friends.
Bible story: Aaron Helps Moses ● Exodus 17:8-13
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Moses, Aaron, Hur)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Some people who did NOT follow God came to attack the Israelites. Moses held up God’s staff, and the Israelites started winning! But then, Moses’ arms got tired. When Moses put his arms down, they started losing. Moses’ brother, Aaron, and his friend, Hur, helped Moses hold his arms up. Then the Israelites won!)
- How did Aaron and Hur help Moses? (They brought over a rock for Moses to sit on and held Moses’ arms up so the Israelites could win.)
- Do you have family and friends who help you, too? (yes)
- God has given us so many good things we can thank Him for. Can you thank God for your family and friends? (yes)
Family Activity: Family Portrait
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and give it to your child. Instruct your child to draw your family inside the frame then decorate the frame.
- After the Activity: Talk about how we can thank God for our family and friends.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “We heard in our Bible story that God gave Moses family and friends who helped him. God gives us friends and family, too. Use the markers or crayons to draw a picture of our family inside the frame. (Pause.) Awesome! Now decorate the frame. (Pause.) Nice job!”
- After the Activity: “Aaron and Hur helped Moses hold up God’s staff, and the Israelites won the battle! God gives each of us friends and family, too, and we can take care of one another. We can look at our friends and family and say, ‘God is good!’ Who is good?” (God is good.)