Main point: I can thank God for my friends.
Bible story: David and Jonathan ● 1 Samuel 18:1-4
As a family, watch this week’s video and discuss these questions together:
- “Today’s Bible story was about two friends. What were their names?” (David and Jonathan)
- “Who was a shepherd?” (David)
- “Who was the son of a king and lived in a palace?” (Jonathan)
- “Did David and Jonathan love spending time together?” (yes)
- “Who gave his friend their coat, sword, and belt?” (Jonathan)
- “David and Jonathan were good friends. Can you thank God for your friends?” (yes)
Family Activity: Good Friend Brainstorm
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Ask your child to answer this question: “What makes a good friend?” Write down their answers on the paper.
- After the Activity: Hang the paper somewhere in your home to help your child remember we can thank God for our friends.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Tell me, what makes a good friend? I will write your answers on the page. (If none of the following answers are given, add them to the paper.) That’s right! A good friend is kind. A good friend uses nice words. A good friend hugs. A good friend shares.”
- After the Activity: “I am SO thankful God gave us good, good friends! We can thank God for everything, including our friends! Who can you thank for everything?” (I can thank God for everything.)