Main point: I can thank God for people who help me.
Bible story: Elisha’s Room ● 2 Kings 4:8-17
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “Was our Bible story about a man named Elisha or Elliot?” (Elisha)
- “When Elisha traveled to a town to do God’s work, he met a woman. Did the woman want to help him?” (yes)
- “What did the woman and her husband build for Elijah?” (a room)
- “Where did they build the room?” (on the roof)
- “Just like the woman and her husband helped Elisha, there are people who help us, too! Can you thank God for people who help you?” (yes)
Family Activity: Thank You Cards
WHAT YOU NEED: paper, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to make a “thank you” note to a friend or family member they’re thankful for. They can draw a picture and sign their name.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Elisha was SO thankful for his friends and how they helped him. Let’s write some ‘thank you’ notes! You can sit at the table just like Elisha sat in his chair at his table.” (Do activity.)
- After the Activity: “These notes are awesome! I am so thankful that God gives us people to help us! We can thank God for everything. Tell me, who can you thank for everything?” (I can thank God for everything.)