Main point: Jesus can help me choose gentleness.
Bible story: Jesus and the Little Children ● Mark 10:13-16
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Was Jesus talking to a crowd of pelicans or people? (people)
- What did the disciples tell the children to do? (go away)
- Was Jesus being gentle when He let the children come to Him? (yes)
- What is one way you can choose gentleness? (use kind words, use gentle hands, forgiving others, etc.)
- Can Jesus help us choose gentleness? (yes)
- Who can help us do everything? (Jesus can help me do everything.)
Family Activity: Gentle Walk
WHAT YOU NEED: tissues
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Take a tissue and lay it flat on top of your head. Then, give your child a tissue and help them place it on their head.
- During the Activity: Challenge your child to gently walk around the room with you without letting the tissue fall. As you walk, encourage your child to walk as slowly as they need to keep the tissue on their head.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Let’s practice being gentle by playing a balancing game!”
- During the Activity: (Place tissue on your head and your child’s head. ) “If we want the tissues to stay on my head, we should move very gently. (Demonstrate.) Let’s have gentle feet while we walk.” (Do the activity.)
- After the Activity: “Great job!. It’s not always easy to choose gentleness, but Jesus can help us. In fact, Jesus can help us do everything! Who can help you do everything?” (Jesus can help me do everything.)