Main point: Jesus is a gift for everyone.
Bible story: Salvation is God’s Gift ● Ephesians 2:8-9
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who did we learn about in our Bible story? (Jesus)
- Who is Jesus a gift for? (everyone)
- Jesus is a gift because of what He has done. Did Jesus die on the cross so we could live with Him forever in heaven? (yes)
- Is Jesus also a gift because He wants to be our friend forever? (yes)
Family Activity: Memory Verse With Motions
WHAT YOU NEED: no supplies
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Lead your child in practicing the memory verse. Repeat the activity for as long as your child is interested.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Let’s practice our memory verse! It helps us remember Jesus wants to be our friend forever and He wants us to love like He does.”
“Walk (walk in place)
in the way of love (hug self)
just as Christ (point up)
loved us.” (thumbs to chest)
Ephesians 5:2 (open hands like a book)
- After the Activity: “Our memory verse helps us remember Jesus wants us to love others, just like He loved us, because He wants to be your friend forever! Who wants to be your friend forever?” (Jesus wants to be my friend forever.)