Main point: Jesus is a good friend to everyone.
Bible story: Feeding 5,000 ● Mark 6:31-44
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- When the Bible story began, how were Jesus and His friends feeling? (tired)
- When they got to the place where they were going to rest, what did they see? (a huge crowd of people)
- After Jesus taught the crowd for a long time, did everyone get hungry? (yes)
- Who did Jesus tell to feed the crowd? (the disciples)
- When the disciples went out to get food, they found a small lunch. What was in the lunch? (five loaves of bread and two fish)
- After Jesus prayed and thanked God for the food, did the disciples have enough food for everyone? (yes)
- Jesus was a good friend to the crowd of people for making sure everyone had food. Is Jesus a good friend to everyone or just the crowd of people? (everyone)
Family Activity: Be A Good Friend
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, scissors
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity pages and cut along the dotted lines.
- During the Activity: Hold up each set of pictures and encourage children to point to the one that shows the example of a good friend. Once you’ve gone through all four sets of pictures, mix the pictures and repeat.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “Do you think you can tell if someone is being a good friend? I think you can! I’ll hold up two pictures. I want you to look at BOTH pictures and decide which one shows an example of being a good friend. Then point to it!”
- After the Activity: “You are VERY good at spotting good friends! This month, we’ve been learning all about the BEST friend ever… Jesus! He’s the best because He wants to be everyone’s friend! Who can be friends with Jesus?” (Everyone can be friends with Jesus.)