Main point: Jesus is alive, and He wants to be our friend forever.
Bible story: Breakfast on the Beach ● John 21:1-14
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was our Bible story about? (Jesus, Peter, Jesus’ friends)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Jesus wanted to spend time with His friends, so He went to see them. When Peter saw Jesus, he jumped out of the boat and swam toward Him. When Peter got to Jesus, He was making breakfast for them.)
- When Jesus went to see His friends, what were they doing? (fishing)
- While they ate breakfast, did Jesus spend time with them? (yes)
- Jesus loved His friends and would always be their friend forever. Does Jesus want to be your friend forever too? (Yes)
Family Activity: One, Two, Three, Dance!
WHAT YOU NEED: Quest Worship Playlist
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Explain that you will count off to three and play music. When your child hears the music, they will dance around the room! But when the music stops, they must freeze!
- During the Activity: Lead your child in the activity and after each round, repeat counting off, dancing, then freeze for as long as your child is interested.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: Here’s what we’re going to do. I’ll count off (count on your fingers) one, two, three, and play some music. When you hear the music, I want you to dance. But when the music STOPS, I want you to freeze right where you are. Ready? One (Hold up one finger.), two (Hold up two fingers.), three! (Hold up three fingers.) (Play music.) Now freeze! (Pause music.) Wow! Nice job! (Repeat for as long as your child is interested.)”
- After the Activity: “You are great listeners and direction followers! All month long, we’ve been counting ‘one, two, three’ because Jesus went away but three days later, He came back. Now remind me… Who is alive?” (Jesus is alive.)