Main point: Jesus’ kindness is amazing.
Bible story: Healing the Blind Man ● John 9:1-12
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, the disciples, the blind beggar)
- What happened in the Bible story? (Jesus and the disciples saw a blind beggar. Jesus spit on the ground, made mud out of it with His hands, and spread it on the blind man’s eyes. Jesus told him to wash the mud off and when he did, the man could see and the disciples were amazed.)
- Did Jesus show kindness to the blind man by helping him see? (yes)
- How did the disciples feel after Jesus helped the blind man see? (They were amazed.)
- Jesus’ kindness is so amazing, He helped a blind man see. Who is amazing? (Jesus is amazing.)
Family Activity: Amazing Catch!
WHAT YOU NEED: paper, pen
WHAT YOU DO:
- During the Activity: Write “AMAZING THINGS” at the top of the paper. Encourage your child to name things they think are amazing. To get them started, list a few things first like a rainbow, a waterfall, chocolate chip cookies, a star-filled sky, etc.
- After the Activity: Talk about all the amazing things you listed but how Jesus is way more amazing than anything on the list.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “Let’s make a list of amazing things! I’ll start. Rainbows are amazing. I’ll write that here. What about waterfalls? I’ll write that down, too. What do YOU think is amazing? Tell me, and I’ll write it down. (Pause.) Those are all amazing things!”
- After the Activity: “Look at this amazing list! You’re right. All of these things are amazing. But guess WHO is even more amazing than all of those things? (Pause.) Yes! Jesus is amazing and His kindness is amazing! Now I’m going to add, ‘Jesus’ kindness’ to our list. (Pause.) In the Bible story, the man could see for the very first time and it was all because Jesus was kind to him and did something ONLY Jesus could do. Who is amazing?” (Jesus is amazing.)