Main point: Jesus loves everyone.
Bible story: Banquet Parable ● Matthew 22:8-10
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- “Who told the story we heard during the Bible story?” (Jesus)
- “Was Jesus’ story about a party or a picnic?” (a party)
- “Did Jesus say everyone was invited to the party or only some people?” (everyone)
- “Did Jesus say everyone was invited to the party because He loves everyone?” (yes)
- “Does Jesus love you no matter what?” (yes)
- “Jesus loves us all, and He wanted everyone to be invited to the party. Who does Jesus love?” (everyone)
Family Activity: Jesus Love Me!
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut along the dashes. Then give the heart to your child.
- During the Activity: Encourage your child to color the heart. Then help them fold on the solid lines. Fold each piece of the heart back until just a rectangle is left that says “Jesus loves everyone.”
WHAT YOU SAY:
- Before the Activity: “What do you see? Yes, a heart! Right here it says, ‘Jesus Loves Everyone!’ Let’s color the heart.”
- After the Activity: “This heart can help you remember Jesus loves EVERYONE! Who does Jesus love?” (Jesus loves everyone.)