Main point: Jesus loves me no matter what.
Bible story: The Thankful Woman ● Luke 7:36-50
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, the woman, the important teacher)
- What happened in the Bible story? (An important teacher invited Jesus to a dinner. A woman who wasn’t invited showed up with perfume. She wanted to show Jesus she was thankful, so she wiped Jesus’ feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. Then she poured a bottle of perfume on his feet.)
- How did the important teacher feel when the woman showed up to the dinner? (surprised)
- Was the woman thankful Jesus showed love to her? (yes)
- The woman had made wrong choices, but Jesus still loved her. Does Jesus love you no matter what? (yes)
Family Activity: Jesus Loves Me No Matter What
WHAT YOU NEED: activity page, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Print off the activity page and cut out the cards.
- During the Activity: Draw a card and decide together if it’s a good choice, encourage your child to put it on the right side of the space. If it’s a bad choice, encourage them to place it on the left side of the space.. When you’ve finished categorizing the cards, talk about how we all mess up, but Jesus loves us no matter what.
- After the Activity: Talk about how Jesus loves us no matter what, and that He can help us make right choices!
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “These cards are pictures of choices. Some are good choices, and some are bad choices. Let’s talk about each choice and place the good choice cards on THIS side (right side) and the bad choice cards on THIS side. (left side) What is this a picture of? (Pause.) Is this a good choice or a bad choice? (Pause.) Let’s put it on the correct side. (Continue until all cards have been categorized.)
We all mess up, like some of the choices on THIS side. (left side) We ALL need forgiveness. And I have some very good news for all of us. Jesus loves us, NO matter what! He loves us when we make good choices, and He loves us when we mess up. He always forgives us when we say we’re sorry. And He will help us make good choices next time.”
- After the Activity: “Isn’t it amazing that Jesus loves us no matter what? Who loves you?” (Jesus loves me.)