Main point: Jesus loves me.
Bible story: Jesus and the Children ● Luke 18:15-16
As a family, watch this week’s video and then discuss a few questions together.
- Who was today’s Bible story about? (Jesus, the disciples, children)
- What happened in the Bible story? (While Jesus was teaching, people brought their children to Him. His disciples stopped them, but Jesus told the children to come to Him. Jesus told the crowd to never stop children from coming to Him.)
- Who showed love to the children by letting them come to Him? (Jesus)
- Does Jesus love you too? (yes)
Family Activity: Jesus and Me
WHAT YOU NEED: paper, crayons or markers
WHAT YOU DO:
- Before the Activity: Draw a big heart on the piece of paper and give it to your child.
- After the Activity: Encourage your child to draw a picture of themselves inside the heart on their page. Then talk about how much Jesus loves them.
WHAT YOU SAY:
- During the Activity: “In today’s Bible story, we learned that Jesus loves all children and He wants children to come to Him. That means Jesus wants children to talk to Him, read about Him in the Bible, follow Him, and be His friend forever! I want you to draw a picture of YOU inside the heart on your page because Jesus loves YOU!”
- After the Activity: “Great job! Who loves you?” (Jesus loves me.)